VON Oxford Sakura House is actively monitoring the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic with local, provincial and national health authorities. We will update this page and our social media accounts with the latest information, as it relates to Sakura House patients, families, volunteers and staff. Sakura House continues to care for patients and families during this coronavirus pandemic with our team of skilled and passionate staff.
If you have any questions about the Coronavirus pandemic and VON Sakura House’s protocols during this time, please call Janine Jackson, Care & Service Manager, Sakura House Residential Hospice at 519-537-8515 ext. 2. If you have any questions about donations, please contact Fund Development at 226-888-7259. We are thinking about everyone in our community at this time. Stay safe and healthy.
UPDATED APRIL 5 2022: Sakura House COVID-19 Visitor Policy
1. All Visitors are now permitted to visit the patients at Sakura House. Visitors can be: family, friends, neighbors etc.
- No visitor lists will be made on admission. Visitors will continue to be screened at the door with COVID questions and new surgical mask given. Temperature checks are no longer required.
2. Visitors can be either vaccinated OR non-vaccinated
3. Patients are permitted to have any number of visitors at one time. There is currently no limit set.
4. Visitors may visit in patient’s room for the duration of the visit or may visit the common rooms that are open- Great Room, Master Bedroom and Media Room.
- Masks must be worn. Kitchen remains closed. Visitors will continue to use patient washroom.
5. For patients in isolation or not in isolation, visitors only need to wear a mask.
- If required to eat or drink- visitor must maintain 6 feet from patient, remove their mask, eat and drink and then apply mask and wash hands.